Channel Account Manager
Salt Security is the original API Security vendor pioneering the market as the first vendor in 2018. Since then we have exhibited hyper-growth in a number of customers, threats stopped, and revenue. We saw API security as the security battleground of the future years ago as APIs started to form the foundation of the application innovation needed to drive business success today. Across banks, retail and transportation, IoT, autonomous vehicles, and smart cities, every modern app depends on APIs. Attackers realize APIs are the conduits to all sorts of valuable data and services – within the year, APIs are predicted to be the number one application threat vector. Without secure APIs, businesses cannot rapidly innovate. Salt Security has delivered the only patented solution to discover all APIs and their exposed data, stop API attackers, and provide remediation details for dev teams to write more secure APIs.
At Salt, we’re passionate about what we do. We work as a team and embrace new ideas, wherever they come from. We also enjoy all the benefits of a startup environment, including quickly seeing the results of your work, making an outsized impact on our company, and solving diverse challenges.
Want to make a big difference? We encourage you to apply!
The use of APIs has allowed organizations to innovate faster, deliver improved customer experiences and compete in new markets. The challenge with such explosive growth of API usage is that APIs connect the world and provide access to organizations’ most sensitive data. This has left organizations trying to defend against an increasing attack surface and new attacks that have been introduced. In the last 12 months, API attacks increased in frequency by 681%.
Salt Security recognized that traditional security tools were not built for securing APIs and that the industry was in need of a solution that can provide continuous discovery, runtime protection and proactive security to detect and protect against API attacks. With a 4+ year head start in the market, Salt Security offers the most mature solution for end-to-end API security, providing organizations with the ability to secure their digital businesses now and in the future.
What You’ll Do
- Build, cultivate, and develop channel partnerships
- Build specific and measurable growth initiatives that align with the partner's business strategy
- Organize and attend channel marketing events with partners
- Drive channel-initiated opportunities/meetings and pipeline through partner activity
- On-board, enable, engage, and map account and business plans with partners
- Collaborate with sales teams to provide partners that add value to our current customers, identify opportunities, and assist in targeted sales pursuits.
- Assume quota responsibility across defined partner channels
- Foster strong consultative relationships and continually assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop a region-specific channel marketing program
- Measurement and analysis of channel programs, promotions, and other activities
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships at the executive level with key channels and partners
What You’ll Bring
- Experience in Channel Management
- 5+ years’ experience in channel sales in enterprise security/application security
- Demonstrated knowledge of partner ecosystem within all verticals and territory
- Proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding revenue objectives, especially for revenue sourced through the channel
- Experience working with Salesforce (CRM) and report building
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors
- Experience in analyzing performance to identify areas of improvement and optimization
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Reside on the East Coast