Director of Engineering
Salt Security is the original API Security vendor pioneering the market as the first vendor in 2018. Since then we have exhibited hyper-growth in a number of customers, threats stopped, and revenue. We saw API security as the security battleground of the future years ago as APIs started to form the foundation of the application innovation needed to drive business success today. Across banks, retail and transportation, IoT, autonomous vehicles, and smart cities, every modern app depends on APIs. Attackers realize APIs are the conduits to all sorts of valuable data and services – within the year, APIs are predicted to be the number one application threat vector. Without secure APIs, businesses cannot rapidly innovate. Salt Security has delivered the only patented solution to discover all APIs and their exposed data, stop API attackers, and provide remediation details for dev teams to write more secure APIs.
At Salt, we’re passionate about what we do. We work as a team and embrace new ideas, wherever they come from. We also enjoy all the benefits of a startup environment, including quickly seeing the results of your work, making an outsized impact on our company, and solving diverse challenges.
Want to make a big difference? We encourage you to apply!
APIs are a foundational element of innovation in today’s app-driven world. From banks, travel, entertainment, retail, and transportation to IoT, autonomous vehicles, and smart cities, every web and mobile app depends on APIs. Without secure APIs, rapid innovation would be impossible. Salt Security is the only patented solution to identify and prevent the top threat of API attacks using big data and AI.
At Salt, we’re passionate about what we do. We work as a team and embrace new ideas, wherever they come from. We also enjoy all the benefits of a startup environment.
Feel you’re up for the challenge? We encourage you to apply!
About the position:
Salt is looking for a director to lead one of our engineering groups.
Our team is made of strong all-around players, well-experienced, highly motivated, independent, innovative, fast learners, great problem solvers, and great persons to work with. Our engineering challenges involve big data, and stream processing in super high-scale environments which keeps on increasing as the customers increase their usage and new customers join. Our challenges also include on-prem data collection and processing, collecting traffic from multiple sources, and parametrizing it for further processing. To learn more about Salt Security’s R&D - https://tinyurl.com/salt-rnd
What will you do:
- Lead and mentor a high-performing engineering team, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
- Collaborate with product management to define and prioritize engineering initiatives, ensuring alignment with business goals.
- Develop and execute the technical roadmap, making strategic decisions on architecture, technology stack, and product enhancements.
- Drive the delivery of high-quality, scalable, and reliable software solutions on schedule.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and support to team leads and engineers, promoting best practices in software development.
- Act as a liaison between engineering, other cross-functional teams, and executive leadership.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, advocating for agile methodologies, automation, and optimization.
- Recruit, onboard, and retain top engineering talent, fostering a diverse and inclusive team.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in a leadership role within software engineering, preferably as a Director or Head of Engineering.
- Strong background in developing and delivering enterprise software solutions.
- Startup experience, demonstrating the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Scala, Java, or Go.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Cybersecurity experience
- K8S practical experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
If you are a passionate engineering leader with a track record of success in the software industry and are excited to take on a new challenge, we encourage you to apply and join our team at Salt Security.