SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced bartender looking to join our culinary team! SpaceX has a number of food service outlets and formats serving our workforce and are looking to add many more. We are searching for candidates who have superior mixology experience with a focus in resorts, bars, and full service restaurants.
- Prepare drinks, including hand crafted cocktail options, ensuring consistency and compliance with the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, and waste control guidelines
- Provide courteous and informative customer service while ensuring that assigned station is stocked and clean
- Follow restaurant guidelines concerning guest services, drink and physical safety, maintenance, and equipment/space cleaning requirements at all times
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment
- 2+ years of experience in mixology or cocktail preparation in a bar or restaurant
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Restaurant experience
- Experience preparing handcrafted cocktails in a resort environment
- Experience pairing drinks with a themed menu
- High volume experience
- Daily changing menu experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possession or willingness to obtain current or valid food handler’s card or equivalent
- Ability to work in a continuously-standing position for 4 or more hours
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
- Ability to work with hands continuously: chop, stir, scrape, and scrub
Mixologist/Level 1: $19.00/hour
Mixologist/Level 2: $21.00/hour
Mixologist/Level 3: $23.00/hour
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?