Test Specialist, Power Systems (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST SPECIALIST, POWER SYSTEMS (STARLINK)
We’re seeking an experienced test specialist with a strong affinity toward multidisciplinary testing, design development, and problem solving. Test specialists work hand-in-hand with multidisciplinary engineers while supporting solar array and battery testing throughout the design and build processes to ultimately join our revolutionary fleet of Starlink satellites.
- Assemble, instrument, and test satellite flight hardware throughout development, production, and on-orbit correlation testing phases
- Monitor and assess test asset performance and test article throughout development and validation campaigns
- Assembly, troubleshooting and activation of custom test equipment, test racks and automated equipment interfaces to increase test lab capability and unit test quality
- Activate, evaluate, monitor, and maintain space simulation test equipment (thermal, thermal vacuum, HASS/HALT, vibration, shock)
- Structural test build and execution for a variety of large- and small-scale structural and mechanical satellite components
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution of space simulation testing
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of hands on experience with mechanical, structural, fluid, or electrical systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar technical discipline
- Experience with evaluation and testing of high power, battery, electrical and/or structural systems
- Basic understanding of mechanical GD&T requirements and/or electrical schematics
- Experience using oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, power supplies, and soldering equipment
- Familiarity with harness built and termination techniques for use in extreme environments
- Experience handling cryogenic fluids
- Demonstrated ability to assemble custom hardware/machines with limited design documentation
- Excellent attention to detail and an insistence on permanently correcting errors
- Comfortable and familiar with operating fabrication equipment (mill, lathe, drill press)
- Proven track record of success working in roles with limited oversight and direction
- Experience with thermal, instron, structural, random vibration and thermal vacuum testing
- Must be willing to work extended hours or weekends as needed
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Test Specialist, Power Systems/Level 1: $32.00 - $40.00/hour
Test Specialist, Power Systems/Level 2: $36.00 - $45.00/hour
Test Specialist, Power Systems/Level 3: $40.00 - $50.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?