Supervisor, Electrician - Night Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, ELECTRICIAN – NIGHT SHIFT
- Provide technical guidance and supervision for a group of 10+ electricians that are installing, maintaining and repairing electrical systems
- Lead installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of industrial electrical systems, devices, equipment and components
- Lead installation, repair, and maintenance of motor control centers, motor circuits, overloads, and disconnects
- Lead installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of generators, automatic transfer switches, and surge protection devices
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment, including hydraulic and pneumatic devices
- Perform work from instructions using blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Install electrical components according to current NEC code
- Manage and oversee equipment inventory and purchasing
- Manage training and day-to-day schedules for all electricians on high-power launch site team
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 10+ years of field experience as an electrician
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership position
- Journeyman electrician license in Texas
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master electrician license in Texas
- Associate degree in electrical engineering
- Understanding of critical power and safety system design concepts
- 5+ years of professional experience working with electrical and circuitry layouts
- Demonstrable knowledge and/or understanding of codes, rules, regulations and standards of electrical equipment
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and reports
- Experience with testing, calibrating, diagnosing, and repairing various devices
- Ability to identify and implement efficient paths of action to finish the assigned work
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to use a variety of electrician’s hand tools as well as measuring and testing instruments
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Ability to work in tight spaces
- Ability to work night shift (6 PM – 6 AM)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?