Integration Technician (Composites)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN (COMPOSITES)
As an integration technician, you will be responsible for delivering an assembled composite structure. The task requires both avionics and mechanical integration skills, working with electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Read, interpret and work from free form drawings as well as from controlled documentation and processes
- Work closely with engineering to build spacecraft using work instruction and three dimensional drawings
- Install spacecraft hardware in a highly detailed and quality manner which includes:
- Installation of harnessing
- Installation of thermal protection fluid systems
- Installation of thermal protective spacecraft skin
- Installation of cargo system
- Installation of avionics boxes
- Installation of International Space Station mating system
- Installation of propulsion fluid and engine systems
- Meet demanding schedule deadlines in a high quality manner
- Report problems and work with quality
- Use a computer to record work performed on shop floor management system (ERP) as well as use of email (MS Outlook)
- Work in a clean room environment
- Comply with ESD standards
- Comply with FOD sensitive areas and parts
- Assist composites structure team with installation, repairs and other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in hardware assembly, test, and/or installation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment
- FAA Airframe and PowerPlant license
- Experience in fast-paced production environment with flight hardware
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, manuals and reports
- NASA-STD-8739.3 certification (currently or previously held).
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production
- Proficient with computers and the ability to use MS Office
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment
- Able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to climb ladders and be comfortable working in tight spaces
- Willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Integration Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Integration Technician/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Integration Technician/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?