Business Analyst (Starlink Enterprise)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
BUSINESS ANALYST (STARLINK ENTERPRISE)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. The Starlink Enterprise Account Management team serves as the point of contact for Starlink’s growing base of enterprise customers from contract signature, through successful activation, ensuring all contract terms are fulfilled. This role will be responsible for analyzing data about Starlink enterprise customers and translating it into reporting, recommendations, and tooling to improve both our customers' experience and internal Starlink operations. Our ideal candidate has self-starter that has a passion for building analytics from scratch, prototyping tools, and working cross-functionality to simplify systems.
- Conduct analyses (SQL queries, other methods) that identify issues and opportunities impacting our customers, including actionable recommendations that quantifiably change outcomes
- Define and develop department-level metrics and associated dashboards that quantify the health of our customer accounts and influence change
- Integrate with all levels of the business to understand current workflows and identify systematic gaps
- Develop automation that accelerate revenue, mitigates business risk or creates efficiencies within Starlink Business Operations and across teams
- Own data integrity, tool maintenance, and reporting quality
- Train internal users, external technical teams, and leaders on dashboard, API, and tool usage; assist in troubleshooting
- Improve data capture for future Account Management use cases, identifying front-end requirements and collaborating with software development teams on table structure
- Support new market launch, continuous improvement, and cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer science, engineering, or economics
- 2+ years of experience in reporting and analytics within customer operations, manufacturing, quality, human resources, purchasing, operations, cost accounting, supply chain management, or consulting
- Experience with SQL and creating/managing dashboards using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker)
- Experience using Python (scripting, analysis, and/or development)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- SQL proficiency (i.e. advanced joins, views/table distinctions, and basic query optimizations)
- Advanced understanding of database structures, query optimizations, ETL development
- Start-up, consulting, or other demonstrated experience in high-growth, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong project management and self-directed prioritization skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences at all organizational levels
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and with multiple levels of management
- Experience working with customer operations teams and tools (e.g. ticketing, account management, communications tools)
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?