Supervisor, Production (Injection Molding)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, PRODUCTION (INJECTION MOLDING)
SpaceX is seeking a motivated production supervisor to assist in the commissioning, daily production and process optimization of it’s internal injection molding machines. This individual will be partnering with cross functional teams and bridging gaps between production, and maintenance operations. Working to achieve the common goal of manufacturing quality parts in the most efficient methods possible.
- Responsible for all aspects of daily production operations
- Setting up injection molding machines, dryers, and mold peripherals
- Interviewing, hiring, and supervising technicians
- Training and developing individuals within the organization
- Setting up an on the job training program similar to an apprenticeship
- Build a strong, motivated production team capable of consistently delivering high quality products against aggressive production targets
- Support tool and die and machine maintenance with troubleshooting
- Create process preparation checklists specific to each job
- Identify and proactively execute opportunities for improvement within the production department
- Create and maintain critical machine and peripheral parts lists
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Explore and identify future improvements, & cost saving initiatives
- Support tooling trials at various vendors and process validation and qualification upon tool arrival
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in injection molding OR High school diploma and 8+ years of experience in injection molding
- 1+ years of experience working in either automotive, military, or manufacturing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience with process validation, design of experiments & maintenance in production environments such as injection molding, casting, die casting, stamping, and assembly in a production setting and a good understanding of the costs and schedule and complexity associated with each process
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team
- New product line launch experience a plus
- Ability to interpret dimensional data and propose/execute corrective actions
- Able to read and comprehend mold/part drawings and dimensions
- Analytic problem solving
- Establish and maintain ownership of the department and ensure it’s continued success
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written communication
- Fluent with common MS office programs Word, excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
- Must be willing to travel (up to 15%) to other SpaceX locations/vendors
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?