SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Develop and evaluate welding procedures
- Assist with the tooling and fixturing designs required for weld operation
- General welding, cutting, and fabrication equipment knowledge, theory, application, maintenance and testing
- Base material and welding material selection
- Control of production weld quality
- Application of welding codes and standards
- Personnel management and supervision, including mentorship of junior welders
- Enforce site and personnel safety
- Review and edit documentation, including work reports and record keeping
- Supervise and provide daily support to the launch projects welding team
- Assess candidates and provide recommendations in the hiring process
- Responsible for planning and scheduling work, assigning work, and assessing completed work
- Monitor and approve employee time keeping records
- Communicate how successful performance will be measured and provide collaborative direction to team members; recommend performance standards and ratings
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of professional experience with one or more of the following: gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), TIG, or gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience managing more than 10 employees
- Ability to interpret drawings and weld symbols per AWS A2.4
- Knowledge of AWS D1.1, D1.6, and D1.2
- Aluminum gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) and gas metal arc welding (GMAW) experience
- Trade school certificate
- Capable of cutting, polishing, and etching weld test samples
- Experience with Inconel welding and fabrication
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?