Master Scheduler (Starlink Enterprise)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MASTER SCHEDULER, STARLINK GLOBAL ROLLOUT
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, is delivering low-latency broadband internet around the world. The Starlink Enterprise Account Management team serves as the point of contact for Starlink’s growing base of enterprise customers from contract signature, through successful activation, ensuring all contract terms are fulfilled. We are looking for a Master Scheduler to develop, maintain, and communicate dynamic, complex schedules to ensure we meet contractual commitments and delight customers. You will drive aggressive schedules across multiple teams, manage dependencies and critical path, and work closely with engineering, production, market access, and our customers to hit program targets.
As the master scheduler, you will be at the nexus of all of these activities and will work to construct, maintain, communicate, and effect changes across multiple plans in parallel. You’ll be empowered to identify gaps and smart opportunities in our plans, implement scheduling process improvements, and drive consistency across the Starlink organization. Our ideal candidate is a flexible self-starter who enjoys creating and improving processes, solving challenges/puzzles, finding creative opportunities to help teams move faster, and thrives in both business and technical domains.
- Rapidly learn our subject matter with sufficient depth such that you are able to critically evaluate a wide array of operations and offer process improvements
- Coordinate, maintain, communicate, and present critical path schedules and schedule narratives to both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide proactive schedule coordination across internal teams to ensure that rollout schedules reflect reality, identify interdependencies and that key deliverables will be completed on time
- Make recommendations to leadership for adjustments to enterprise account deployment plans, long-range forecasts, and customer expectations
- Devise, maintain, and improve scheduling tools and processes that identify, analyze, and brief potential constraints on a periodic basis
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, project management, or other technical discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience with project planning and integrated master scheduling using Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, or Primavera
- SQL programming experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated ability to improve efficiency and operational effectiveness by thinking strategically and critically and building broad, cross-functional relationships
- Highly skilled at taking in large quantities of information and presenting it in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and manage program plans and schedule
- 4+ years of production management, integrated operations, or complex project ownership experience
- Experience with medium to large sized (4000-8000 lines) projects
- Experience creating and managing dashboards using data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI) and with data analysis in Excel, VBA, Python, and/or SQL
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX sites, as needed (~25%)
- Must be willing to work long hours and occasional weekends when necessary to support proposal or critical project timelines.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?