Security Engineer (Endpoint Tools)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SECURITY ENGINEER (ENDPOINT TOOLS)
SpaceX is looking for a Security Engineer to join the Information Security Engineering team to help protect and drive the SpaceX mission. Information drives our business and we must protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and processes across the enterprise. As a highly visible and dynamic organization, we must also value and guard against damage to our reputation and brand. Finally, it is paramount that we defend against loss of control or confidence in our systems, to guarantee the highest probability of success. This role will focus on the tools and systems that live on, and protect, our endpoints at SpaceX. This role will require interfacing with our IT teams, user community, and internal security partners to ensure that we provide the best possible protection while also addressing the various needs and concerns of the enterprise.
- Design, build, and maintain technology solutions and systems that provide Security for SpaceX systems, networks, users, and data. This can include:
- Antivirus (AV) products
- Endpoint detection and response (EDR) products
- Network and host-based data loss prevention (DLP) tools and services.
- Privilege escalation technologies (e.g. UAC, LAPS, etc)
- Client logging tools and configuration (e.g. AuditD, NXLog, etc)
- Serve as the subject matter expert for those solutions, maintaining documentation and advising others on their underlying technology and operation
- Work with security and IT teams to identify threats and problem areas, using that feedback to further strengthen tools and technologies. This should materialize as improvements that decrease malicious activity and time to remediation
- Interface with Windows, Linux, and Mac systems teams to test and manage security technologies
- Create solutions that are scalable, repeatable, maintainable and secure
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information security, computer science, engineering and 4+ years of security experience; OR 6+ years of information security experience in lieu of a degree
- 2+ years of experience designing, building, implementing, and/or maintaining endpoint security tools such as antivirus, host-based intrusion detection systems, privilege escalation technologies, data loss prevention, client logging tools, etc. in an enterprise level environment
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and Mac system internals and configuration management tools
- Experience with a programming or scripting language, such as C#, Python, or PowerShell
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with endpoint security tools, their offerings, and interoperability
- An understanding of how endpoint security tools work at a fundamental level as well as potential security issues that come with different implementations
- Ability to interface with vendors to diagnose and troubleshoot problems, as well as consult on architectural design and configuration changes
- Experience automating work-flows and streamlining processes in the security space
- Track record of rolling out and maintaining security tools in an enterprise environment
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, evolving environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?