Sr. IT Windows Systems Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. IT WINDOWS SYSTEMS ENGINEER
SpaceX is looking for an experienced engineer with deep knowledge and broad experience across Microsoft-based technologies. This employee will be a member of the Information Technology Windows Infrastructure team and will support systems all across SpaceX. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment, and will exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage; all supporting the goal of making humanity an interplanetary species.
- Work closely with other SpaceX engineers to gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy, and support Microsoft enterprise software platforms and related technologies in a world-class environment that meets the needs of the demanding SpaceX engineering teams.
- Build highly-resilient, high-performance, scalable, and flexible systems.
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
- Work within diverse groups to design and deliver creative solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner by interacting with internal business units.
- Drive designs, implementations, and support in the following areas:
- Architecture: considerations for interoperability, scale, efficiency, and business continuity for users within and across environments.
- Security: building PKI standards and ensuring access and data is protected. KMS, HSM, certificate management, encryption methods, etc.
- Scripting and automation: developing solutions to address issues at scale.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or STEM discipline with 5+ years of systems administration experience; OR 8+ years of systems administration experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Active Directory, Kerberos, and multi-platform authentication/identification environments.
- Experience (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) with Windows-based systems and services, i.e. DHCP, DNS, IIS, MS-SQL, NPS in both physical and virtual environments.
- Scripting experience in PowerShell, leveraging source code and version control tools.
- Experience with cryptography fundamentals: PKI standards, data encryption or key management.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
- Expert level PowerShell experience; beyond running single cmdlets, experience with writing larger scripts and automation-driven processes.
- Experience in building robust monitoring and automated remediation services for critical systems (SCOM, Icinga, or equivalent).
- Experience with both on-premises and O365 Microsoft Exchange with an emphasis on security.
- Experience with SharePoint farms and content hosting.
- Experience with configuration management, provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools.
- Ability to support deployment of HSMs (Thales) and cryptographic solutions
- Understanding of developing web and C#/.Net applications and build processes.
- Networking experience in IPv4, switching, routing, firewalls and HA architecture.
- Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. IT Windows Systems Engineer/: $135,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?