Additive Manufacturing Technician - 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (RAPTOR) - 2ND SHIFT
The Additive Manufacturing Technician will support 3D printing technology for production of Raptor engine hardware. The technicians on this team are versatile and highly skilled, wearing several hats in an effort to get the job done. The ideal candidate does not worry about the title, but rather the goal of the business and the company, always pushing to support the needs of the business to make it successful.
- Set up, operate and turn over various additive manufacturing printers according to procedures, specifications, and instructions
- Fully support all post printing operations
- Always ensure procedures are followed in order to deliver defect free hardware
- Keep a clean, organized, and thoroughly maintained work space
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications and/or engineering requirements
- Develop and implement efficiency improvement projects
- Maintain consumable supply inventory, and complete cycle counts
- Independently perform verifications and document results in a clear, precise, and complete manner
- Assist engineers with development build ups or tear downs
- Operate post processing equipment such as drills, handheld grinders and CNC machines as required
- High school degree or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Additive manufacturing experience
- Ability to read, interpret and work from drawings, controlled documentation and processes such as: assembly procedures/work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts list
- Experience working in the military or at an aerospace manufacturing company (spacecraft, aircraft, etc.)
- Experience driving engagement with others, taking initiative, and helping push the team to new levels
- Strong computer literacy skills with an understanding of how to maximize current technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- This is a 2nd shift role from 3 PM until 1:30 AM
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends when necessary
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Additive Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Additive Technician/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Additive Technician/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?