Sourcing Manager, Mechanical Assemblies (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOURCING MANAGER, MECHANICAL ASSEMBLIES (STARLINK)
As a member of the Starlink Supply Chain team you will support engineers to source mechanical assemblies for our Starlink product. SpaceX has the unique ability and desire to influence and shape suppliers to be better with us as we challenge our supply chain on cost, quality and speed of execution. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics and inventory.
- Work directly with key suppliers to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support existing platforms and new product development
- Act as the supplier interface for all RFIs, RFPs and RFQs. Partner with internal stakeholders to run the RFX process and evaluation, then use results to implement a sourcing decision
- Manage cost aggressively to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets and forecasts. Develop should-cost models for competitive cost analysis
- Ensure that suppliers are prepared to support all prototype builds with appropriate equipment and material to ensure successful product development, ramp up and mass production
- Drive internal and external process improvements to enhance efficiency and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers
- Present value propositions to SpaceX executives, including those related to contract award, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and critical supply issues
- Develop, manage, and maintain strong supplier partnerships
- Implement analytical data management tools to manage supplier performance
- Advanced degree and 3+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 9+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of experience with mechanical assemblies, materials or processes such as stamping, die casting, injection mold, etc.
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Prior experience managing mechanical sourcing, including knowledge of raw material, plastic, sheet metal, machining, die casting, or thermal forming
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sourcing Manager: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?