Equipment Maintenance Technician (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (STARSHIP)
- Maintain and repair all assets to ensure their proper operating condition
- Provide preventative and corrective maintenance on various complex automation systems
- Troubleshoot and repair control & electrical system failures involving – PLCs, HMIs, servomotors, servo amplifiers, input/output, field sensors
- Troubleshoot and repair various machine tool hydraulic and pneumatic systems – actuators, valves, pumps, filters
- Troubleshoot and repair automated tool mechanical systems – ballscrews, linear rails, guideways, gearboxes, 3 phase motors
- Drive forklifts and company vehicles
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of maintenance technician experience
- 3+ years of experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and/or electrical repair
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a maintenance technician or field service engineer
- Experience installing, aligning and commissioning automated production cells in aerospace environment
- Experience accessing and modifying Siemens control logic or similar PLC architectures
- Experience in the application & operation of precision machine tools in aerospace manufacturing environment
- Experience with CAD and/or mechanical design
- Experience operating a forklift and other related inventory equipment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings
- Ability to write detailed repair reports (advanced MS Office skills)
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies, and industry standards
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Analytic thinker that gets to the root of problems and comes up with permanent solutions to remedy issues
- Self-motivated and able to work well with others
- Must be available for all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed. Estimated shift times: 1st shift hours are 5 am to 5:30 pm; 2nd shift hours are 5 pm to 5:30 am
- Capable of being forklift and boom lift certified
- Capable of lifting up to 25 lbs unassisted and working at heights
- Willing to travel up to 10%
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Maintenance Technician/Level 1: $21.00/hour
Maintenance Technician/Level 2: $26.00/hour
Maintenance Technician/Level 3: $31.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.