Supervisor, Starlink Customer Support - Night Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, STARLINK CUSTOMER SUPPORT - NIGHT SHIFT
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As a member of the Starlink customer support team, you will lead the team that interfaces directly with Starlink customers, ensuring they have an exceptional overall experience.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead a shift of support associates responsible in rapidly resolving customer issues. You will have responsibility for hiring, personnel development, and developing a culture of operational rigor where our customers come first. You will partner with other internal teams to surface and resolve root cause of issues impacting our customers, and will be a critical voice in the development of program strategy. We're looking for excellent problem solvers that succeed wearing many hats (supervisor, trainer, rep, analyst, designer), move quickly and proactively, are strong communicators, and fiercely advocate within the Starlink organization on behalf of our customers.
- Lead an hourly workforce of support associates by assessing employee performance, managing quality of customer interactions, providing positive/constructive feedback, facilitating conflict resolution, and addressing repeat issues with corrective actions, performance improvement plans or through disciplinary means.
- Lead by setting an example, taking feedback from all levels of the organization, and motivating your organization to achieve the highest level of results
- Monitor and improve operations, ensuring a safe work environment
- Ensure business practices are being followed to not only guarantee the processing of customer interactions in a quality manner, but also meet those needs outlined in ISO 9001 and regional-specific requirements
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative methods to understand root cause of new and trending issues
- Develop triage methods and troubleshooting playbooks that improve resolution speed and first touch resolution.
- Lead cost saving opportunities, identifying internal/external cost reductions and optimization opportunities
- Collaborate with internal teams (engineering, reliability, production, finance, design, communications, sales, etc.) to design simple and effective support interventions that improve our customers' experience.
- Partner and create training programs, along with coaching tools, that enable our support associates to be knowledgeable, nimble, technically capable, and excellent communicators.
- Create, review, and maintain internal knowledge base and customer-facing help center.
- Collaborate with internal tooling development teams to identify capabilities that increase support associate performance and productivity.
- Develop reporting and analytics that measure end-customer and internal team successes.
- Actively monitor and grow the workforce, ensuring team members are challenged and performing at the expected standards
- Monitor and approve employee time keeping records
- Bachelors degree and 1+ year experience in customer operations, production/manufacturing, supply chain, engineering, or consulting environment; or 5+ years of professional experience in customer operations, production/manufacturing, supply chain, engineering or consulting environment in lieu of a degree.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience managing a team as either a front-line supervisor or shift lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, science, engineering, or similar technical discipline.
- Completion of a leadership or rotational development program.
- Experience in a training, learning and development, analytics, service design, vendor management, or content management role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Talking with others comes naturally, you derive satisfaction from resolving their issues, and you can distill complex concepts into the simplest explanations. You internalize customer concerns, solve them, and keep it positive.
- Strong attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills. You take pride in your craft.
- Technical aptitude - experience with networking, hardware troubleshooting, software development, etc.
- Experience working with software and staffing vendors.
- Lean/6-Sigma experience (Green/Black Belt certifications).
- Experience with reporting tools (Advanced Excel, SQL, dashboarding/reporting/visualization platforms).
- Written/verbal business fluency in Spanish, French, German, Greek, Portuguese, Polish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Czech, Indonesian, Arabic, Turkish, or Malay.
- Willingness to work extended hours and non-scheduled days when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Must be available to work holidays
- Must be willing to work in-office
- Must be available to work 12 hours a day on one or more of the following shifts:
- Alternating Weekday Schedule: 2nd shift (6PM - 6AM)
- Monday - Thursday
- Monday - Wednesday
- Alternating Weekend Schedule: 2nd shift (6PM - 6AM)
- Friday - Sunday
- Thursday - Sunday
- Alternating Weekday Schedule: 2nd shift (6PM - 6AM)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?