Supply Chain Planning Manager (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING MANAGER (STARLINK)
SpaceX designs, builds, and launches the world's largest constellation of satellites, enabling us to operate a global internet network unbounded by traditional ground infrastructure limitations. This is a dynamic position that requires the ability to monitor and develop action plans for key departmental deliverables while guiding sourcing strategies, managing inventory levels, identifying risks, and clearly communicating to key stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with planners, sourcing specialists, global supply chain managers, engineers, and production management to understand all supply chain risks, critical path part status, and risk mitigation opportunities
- Drive the team to ensure all deliverables and expectations are met
- Represent the team and ensure accurate status transparency for all avionics and mechanical components to integrated product teams
- Provide planning, sourcing, or procurement back-up support in the absence of team members
- Primary point of contact for supply chain related questions or escalations for the production and engineering teams
- Provide input to the sourcing strategy for the Starlink Aviation team
- Ensure purchased part MRP accuracy (master schedule accuracy, bill of material accuracy, part data accuracy, inventory health)
- Develop reporting procedures and systems such as status dashboards
- Identify and implement process, system, or training improvement projects
- Monitor and understand supply chain individual metrics and drive teams to achieve targets
- Provide weekly team status reporting, escalate to management when necessary, and drive continuous improvement actions
- Advanced degree and 3+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 9+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience bringing planning processes and products from development to production
- 3+ years of experience planning or sourcing in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing work assignments and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Experience monitoring, tracking, and continually improving Total Cost Equation (TQE)
- APICS, Lean Six Sigma, and/or PMP certifications
- Computer literacy including advanced skills in MS Excel (ability to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data)
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sourcing Manager: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?