SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, PRODUCTION (STARLINK PRODUCT)
As a production manager for the Starlink Product Factory, you will drive projects and lead a team to ensure that all component production, final assembly, and test processes are consistently performing with the highest levels of quality and rate, while at the lowest possible cost. You will be involved in all aspects of production including new product introduction, facilities planning, staffing, and leadership development to ensure your team’s success and growth as SpaceX drives to connect the unconnected through Starlink. Additionally, you will provide inputs to engineering teams regarding area capability and design for manufacturability.
- Manage a team of supervisors and production associates on a 2-shift structure
- Implement a development program to enhance the capability of all team members with a focus on manufacturability, while improving quality and reducing lead time and cost
- Ensure a strong focus is placed on safety and maintain an excellent safety record
- Champion continuous improvement projects using appropriate metrics and data sources, including improvement or mitigation plans needed to achieve the next level of performance
- Ensuring root causes for quality issues are identified and appropriate improvement actions are put in place
- Manage resource levels to ensure optimum performance of the team
- Monitor and communicate area status/readiness and risks to leadership
- Monitor and maintain compliance to internal quality and ISO9001 standards
- Foster a spirit of collaboration within and between SpaceX and Starlink departments
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure new products and production lines are designed with manufacturability in mind
- Meet tight production schedules to achieve high rate production, while adapting to changing priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Think creatively, question the status quo, and drive for innovative and progressive solutions to increase Starlink’s competitive advantage
- Advanced degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 8+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- 2+ years of direct leadership/management experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience working in a high speed or volume manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated professional experience building and/or leading production teams in a fast paced, high technology field
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience in fast-paced iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical devices, aerospace, or automotive industries
- Demonstrated capability to solve complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team using appropriate problem-solving tools
- Experience and/or certification with statistical process control such as Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma
- Working proficiency with DFMEA and PFMEA methodology and implementation
- Experience identifying and analyzing production process improvements for rate and quality
- Experience using SQL to navigate large datasets to create and monitor key performance metrics
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments in a fast-paced production environment
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving the total cost of unit production
- Hands on leadership experience, exceptional communication skills, and a strong passion for advancing manufacturing process efficiency
- Must be willing to work flexible and/or extended hours to meet critical deadlines
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to travel for business trips as needed (up to 70%)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Manager, Production: $150,000.00 - $190,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?