Quality Systems Engineer (Starlink Product)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
QUALITY SYSTEMS ENGINEER (STARLINK PRODUCT)
Starlink is Spacex’s ambitious program to bring high quality internet to the globe by building a constellation of thousands of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) which we launched on our Falcon 9 reusable rockets earlier this year. We are developing millions of devices for end users to link our customers to our satellites.
These products - including Starlink dishes, Wi-Fi routers, power supply, and accessories, etc. – are designed and manufactured completely in-house by SpaceX. Engineers on the team will be hands-on, regularly interact with multiple technical disciplines, and ultimately ensure that Starlink is a global success. The Quality Systems Engineer works with quality management to continually improve the quality management system, verify compliance to ISO9001 prescribed procedures, plan, schedule and perform quality system audits, and measure and analyze audit and QMS data.
- Provides management system training and guidance to SpaceX management, departments and internal customers to build, implement and improve policy, procedures and systems that meet SpaceX business objectives and assure compliance to customer requirements and industry standards
- Assesses SpaceX business processes, systems and products through internal audit program to assure compliance to customer requirements, SpaceX procedures and policies and ISO 9001 / AS9100 standards
- Utilizes corrective and preventive action process to correct compliance non-conformances and drive improvement of the management system
- Initiates change requests of management system procedures, policies and internal audit checklist and leads implementation efforts
- Support internal audits, vendor/supplier audits, and audits from external parties
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or STEM discipline
- 1+ years of experience in mechanical or electrical product design, testing, or manufacturing (internship or extracurricular experience is applicable)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough knowledge of the ISO family of standards especially ISO9001
- ASQ-CQA-RAB certified lead auditor or training with hands on implementation and assessment experience
- Intimate knowledge of manufacturing processes and associated products and/or the ability to quickly work towards achieving this
- Experience with quality tools including root cause and corrective action, QMS and process auditing and statistical analysis of quality metrics
- Working knowledge of SQL – ability to construct and/or maintain Tableau metrics
- Strong technical writing skills, ability to communicate effectively with management, technical teams and all organizations in the business, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, be positive, and be people oriented
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel up to 50% time if not located in Austin, TX.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.