SMT Engineering Technician (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SMT ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (STARLINK)
- Perform hands-on and liaison role between the engineering teams and production organization
- Responsible for equipment support and maintenance
- Responsible for developing equipment preventative maintenance planning
- Contribute to design reviews and specifications acting as an equipment expert for manufacturability, design for testability, yield improvements, supplier capabilities assessments, quality control, etc.
- Responsible for special products to improve production yield or equipment efficiency/downtime
- Production tooling/fixture design and validation
- Perform training of production personnel
- Responsible for planning template improvements
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience with SMT and/or PCBA assembly equipment and processes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of experience with SMT equipment operation in a production setting
- Direct experience with SMT equipment maintenance and support
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, aerospace, or manufacturing engineering
- Experience implementing design for manufacture and design for test
- Ability to create and deliver presentations for design and manufacturing readiness reviews
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced iterative design environments
- Experience modeling with 3D CAD software such as: NX/Unigraphics, Catia, Solidworks
- Working proficiency with DFMEA and PFMEA methodology and implementation
- SPC knowledge and experience applying statistical methods to track process capability
- Basic competency with SQL databases
- Demonstrated experience designing tooling in a manufacturing environment
- Hands-on engineer with a passion for continuous improvement and building the best hardware
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical devices, aerospace, marine or automotive industries
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and/or weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted
- Able to travel for business trips as needed (up to 70%) to Hawthorne, CA for initial training (3-4 months) and up to 10% on an ongoing basis
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Engineering Technician/Level 1: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Engineering Technician/Level 2: $34.00 - $43.00/hour
Engineering Technician/Level 3: $38.00 - $48.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?