Deburr Technician, Machining (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DEBURR TECHNICIAN, MACHINING (STARSHIP)
- Interpret drawings per ASME Y14.5-2009 standard to maintain part specifications
- Deburr and process machined valve components in post machining
- Chase machine cut threads to size if necessary
- Polish tight tolerance surface finishes and inspect with profilometer
- Wash parts that have gone through deburr process and passivate using citric passivation process when required
- Assist with material inventory and prep for machining processes
- Operate a mass finishing barrel tumbler using given recipes for specific parts and materials
- Meet expectations for productivity and production goals
- Maintain a clean and efficient work environment
- Constantly keep products moving and alert management when production is inhibited
- Provide continuous ideas for process improvements
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a factory or production environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of deburr experience using various deburr techniques using manual and automated equipment
- Experience working in a machine shop
- Experience with basic blueprint reading
- Knowledge of CNC machining
- Experience using various measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, profilometers, and borescopes
- Must be able to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted, repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting, exposure to typical shop chemicals (coolant, solvents, cleaners) are generally required to perform the functions of this position
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Deburr Technician/Level 1: $20.00/per hour
Deburr Technician/Level 2: $22.00 - $26.00/per hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?