Test Logistics Specialist - Level 4/5
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST LOGISTICS SPECIALIST - LEVEL 4/5
- Safe handling and securing of items with or without equipment
- Responsible for all related tasks supporting flight vehicle transport:
- Maintenance management of flight hardware transport equipment
- Procure related consumables in accordance with min/max criteria
- Perform general maintenance on mechanical components on transport equipment
- Work with other technicians to manage transport processes and conduct general maintenance of all hardware in accordance with the corrosion prevention programs
- Support operations for both flight vehicle and transport equipment
- Package and inventory the flight module or anomalous item in accordance with methodology detailed in work order or supplied by requestor or management
- Aid in managing transport equipment and material needed for operational success
- Safe loading/unloading of equipment/items as warranted
- Receive, stock, and issue a wide variety of parts, materials, and hardware to support site operations via manual or by use of the VLM (vertical lift module)
- Store parts and materials in bins, drawers, and racks, while identifying part and stored location
- Perform picking function to make up necessary kits of parts, material and hardware as required, ascertaining that all parts are available and accounted for in kit
- Perform routine cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy, shelf life and stock rotation
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity and revisions
- Determine method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates while maintaining accountable records
- Insert items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding
- Route and deliver items to appropriate departments
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications and work order intent
- Use electronic MRP system to route parts and components to proper departments
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 6+ years of experience in an inventory control, warehousing, or material handling, or receiving inspection experience
- Forklift and power equipment operation experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of forklift operations experience
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and functions
- Experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic fields
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to jump into ill-defined problems or processes and drive positive outcomes
- Self-starter attitude, energy, and the ability to communicate effectively across many cross-functional disciplines
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, and mechanical systems
- Rigging experience highly desired
- Working knowledge of transport and inventory processes
- Fragile item packaging experience
- Heavy machinery operation experience
- Class A commercial driver's license (CDL)
- Ability to read and identify items based on blueprints or drawings.
- Knowledge of high-pressure systems and handling of hazardous materials
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying light to moderately heavy materials or equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility required
- Up to 25% travel to other SpaceX locations required for this role
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Test Logistics Specialist/Level 4: $26.00/hour
Test Logistics Specialist/Level 5: $29.00 - $33.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?