Manufacturing Specialist (High Pressure Die Casting)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST (HIGH PRESSURE DIE CASTING)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink provides fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. We are looking for a talented manufacturing specialist to establish a pilot line and eventually ramp to full scale production for millions of devices that will sit in our customers’ homes.
- Execute new product introduction builds across all work centers
- Support production and maintenance with troubleshooting
- Create equipment preparation checklists specific to each job
- Identify and proactively execute opportunities for improvement within the high pressure die casting department
- Create and maintain equipment spare parts lists
- Triage non-conforming product and drive resolution and preventative actions
- Resolve production issues while ensuring design integrity, product quality, and delivery timelines
- Perform process development and validation in extremely aggressive timelines
- Ensure the successful transition of products from development to volume production
- Define maintenance schedules and support activities
- Diagnose equipment failures, collect data to identify root causes and develop sustainable solutions
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of professional experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment or a bachelor's degree in an engineering, math or technical discipline
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional experience with maintenance in a production environment such as injection molding, casting, die casting, stamping, assembly, and box build
- Professional experience with mold/die building
- Professional experience helping to manage the costs, schedule and complexity associated with each process
- Experience creating and maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team
- Professional experience working with and launching a new product line launch
- Ability to interpret dimensional data and propose/execute corrective actions
- Ability to read and comprehend mold/part drawings and dimensions
- Establish and maintain ownership of the department and ensure its continued success
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written communication
- Expertise with common Microsoft Office programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Ability to provide process and design improvement suggestions to engineering
- Able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Manufacturing Specialist/Level 1: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Manufacturing Specialist/Level 2: $34.00 - $43.00/hour
Manufacturing Specialist/Level 3: $38.00 - $48.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?