SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The CAD Drafter will support production facility designs across a portfolio of projects. This position is directly responsible for translating engineering and production requirements into executable plans. It will also manage and update campus maps and individual building drawings as the needs of the business evolve.
- Develop and modify preliminary equipment layouts based on customer input
- Produce documents to assist with securing construction contractor bids
- Create as-built documents for projects after completion of construction
- Maintain SpaceX building layouts and campus maps to be linked to Archibus
- Integrate 3rd party vendor drawings into existing building drawing sets
- Convert files from Teamcenter, Sketch-up, BlueBeam, PDF, or others into AutoCAD
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience creating architectural construction documents including plans, elevations, sections, and details
- Experience with AutoCAD 2020 or later
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in construction, project management, and tenant improvement
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R), concrete, framing, and industrial gas trade
- Ability to read instructions and blueprints
- Knowledge of basic construction and engineering principles and methods
- Experience with Archibus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
CAD Drafter/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
CAD Drafter/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
CAD Drafter/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?