Structures Technician (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
STRUCTURES TECHNICIAN (STARSHIP)
- Modification, repair, assembly, and installation of the rocket and components.
- Install fasteners in correct sequence per drawing, using correct tools (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner).
- Use tooling holes, pilot holes, or by hand (as required), per drawing or tooling instructions.
- Drill, ream, countersink full size holes in parts/assemblies, in proper sequence and to correct size using drill motor.
- Set countersinking tools to proper depth as required.
- Use solvents to clean surfaces prior to sealing or assembly.
- Apply sealant, alodine, primer, adhesives, special finishes.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner.
- Determine and obtain correct type and size fasteners.
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 1+ years of assembly experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience gained through the military or within an aviation manufacturing company.
- High-volume manufacturing experience.
- Experience drilling, reaming, honing and/or countersinking straight and close tolerance holes.
- Experience using various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools, floor-mounted power tools and precision measuring tools.
- Capable of visualizing a three-dimensional shape from a two-dimensional view and understanding symbols, flag notes, and general notes.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations accurately (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions).
- Experience making basic layouts on parts or assemblies in order to establish reference points and to check dimensions.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Experience operating computing equipment.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed.
- Nominal hours - 1st shift: 5:00 AM - 3:30 PM, 2nd shift: 3:00 PM - 1:30 AM.
- Must be able to perform repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Structures Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $24.50/hour
Structures Technician/Level 2: $23.00 - $29.00/hour
Structures Technician/Level 3: $27.00 - $35.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?