Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), Top Secret Cleared
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY OFFICER (ISSO), TOP SECRET CLEARED
SpaceX is looking for an experienced information security professional with broad technical knowledge of information assurance, and a proven track-record of managing the assessment and accreditation of information systems in secure environments. You will be a member of the National Security Team and will have primary responsibility for ensuring the authorization and accreditation for classified systems. You should flourish in a demanding and challenging environment with little direct guidance (other than from the ISSM), but a high degree of responsibility and accountability. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, self-motivator and possess impeccable integrity to excel at this position.
- Work with the information systems security manager and system administrator for the information system to ensure compliance with government requirements and regulations, including NIST 800-53a and derivatives. Build analyses of these requirements/regulations, as well as updating and assembling the required documentation needed in order to maintain and/or receive an authorization to operate (ATO).
- Be a subject matter expert on government accreditation processes in classified spaces. Be the day-to-day person for answering questions on process, timeline, and status of classified assets and then reporting what’s required to the information system security manager.
- Assist in writing policy, procedure, and standards on the proper secure deployment and maintenance of classified information technology systems.
- Build and maintain relationships with Government customers to keep open lines of communication as systems are built-out and accredited. Respond to requests for information in a thorough and timely manner.
- “Roll up your sleeves” to accredit, change, and expand the current information systems in support of the program as necessary. Provide technical expertise on the authorization and accreditation process.
- Report out to internal business owners and executive sponsors on status and timelines – both periodically and as independently requested.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 3+ years of experience serving as an ISSE, ISSO, or ISSM.
- Security+, GSLC, GSEC, or other DoD approved 8570 Baseline Certification in the Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I or Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II categories.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems/IT, mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline.
- Working knowledge of risk management framework (RMF) within both the IC and DoD communities.
- Authorization, certification, and accreditation processes as it pertains to classified information systems.
- Strong experience with tools such as XACTA, eMASS, ServiceNow, Nessus, Splunk, Tenable.sc, McAfee ePO, and other security tools.
- Basic knowledge of computer networking and Windows/Linux systems management.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated technical project management skills.
- Track record of getting things done quickly and with quality.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance or active Top Secret clearance with favorable completion of a U.S. Government polygraph pursuant to employment. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Ability to travel in support of programmatic requirements.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?