Supply Chain Planning Manager (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING MANAGER (STARSHIP)
The SpaceX supply chain department is a critical player in enabling Starship's mission. To capitalize on SpaceX’s technological and market changing successes, our team will be part of managing an agile yet robust supply chain that will enable a competitive advantage for the company. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics and inventory. SpaceX supply chain will play a key role in enabling SpaceX to meet the ambitious growth targets and greatly contribute in making us a multi-planetary species.
- Manage demand and supply to meet program goals
- Maintain accuracy and audit bill of materials in MRP systems for production at rate
- Manage inventory targets, prevent stock outs, publish line of balance reports, aligning demand supply signals and allocations, maintaining product master data and developing expertise in in-house systems and reports
- Evaluate technical feasibility of work content and understand suppliers’ technical capabilities and limitations. Develop and execute a make vs buy process for New opportunities. Inform DFM discussions based on vendor feedback for buy components
- Execute risk management analysis which take into bottlenecks leveraging past performance data, demand vs supply, and lead time stack-ups from piece part to launch vehicle integration
- Execute MRP planning messages for production parts
- Create, Execute, and manage complex purchase orders. Manage on-time delivery of materials for both internal and external operations, invoice resolution, meeting company quality requirements while meeting company cost targets
- Take ownership and mentor team to develop and implement advanced sourcing strategies that support existing platforms and new development to reduce cost and improve quality
- Manage cost aggressively to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets, forecasts and develop should-cost models for competitive cost analysis
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and multiple levels of management
- Responsible for creating POs, on-time delivery of materials for both internal and external operations, invoice resolution, meeting company quality requirements while meeting company cost targets
- Ensure partners are prepared to support prototype builds with appropriate equipment, material to ensure a successful product development, ramping up and production. Be the liaison between supply chain and engineering for supplier and down selection during NPI while improving or sustaining cost targets
- Present roadmaps and value propositions to SpaceX management, including those related to contract award, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and critical supply issues
- Manage supply base from concept to end of life to ensure continuity of supply (COS) with the right materials driving plan in place and on time delivery
- Guide junior staff members in Supply Chain best practices and assist in training. Provides strategic support whenever needed
- Enable good Part Flow. Optimize logistics, manufacturing, quality, ordering/redistribution policies, and refurbishment/reusability planning and buying for the parts that you own
- Ensure compliance, help train others, and draft/amend company policies and procedures to meet government regulations
- Analyze supply chain data and report out metrics
- Build cross functional teams and champion continuous improvement initiatives to meet or exceed cost, quality, and delivery goals
- Build roadmaps and teams to pursue commercial and quality Initiatives, and ensure initiatives improve performance that execute the vision of the supply chain team
- Advanced degree and 3+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 9+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Capable of managing existing external supply chain and suppliers both domestic and globally
- Vast experience within a commodity (technical procurement, product development, NPI, manufacturing and negotiating high volume products)
- Individual negotiation skills with the ability to influence
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successfully negotiating preferred pricing and driving results
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest level of integrity
- Experience of planning purchasing of commodity products and 3rd party services working as a team with product development, quality, finance and sales
- Prior experience managing semiconductor sourcing, including knowledge of raw material, plastic, sheet metal, machining, die casting, or thermal forming
- Must be able to travel - up to 50% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Brownsville, TX and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sourcing Manager: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?