Senior Indirect Tax Analyst
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
senior tax analyst
SpaceX is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst with experience in U.S. indirect taxes to assist in all aspects of compliance, planning, and controversy/audit matters for sales & use tax, property taxes, and other indirect taxes.
- Gather and manipulate data and coordinate with external service providers to prepare sales and use tax returns, and various property tax returns across all U.S. states
- Resolve tax notices and similar matters
- Perform tax technical research related to sales and use tax and other indirect tax matters
- Assist with invoice sales tax reviews and use tax accrual reviews
- Assist in validating data and proper calculation and collection of sales tax in all states in Thomson Reuters OneSource and AvaTax
- Work with vendors and internal purchasing teams on sales and use tax matters, including claiming various exemptions or abatements
- Document indirect tax issues and resolutions
- Assist with indirect tax audits, refund claims and coordinate responses to various tax authorities
- Prepare and maintain tax calendar for indirect tax licenses, filings, as well as assist in various administrative matters
- Assist with general ledger account reconciliation
- Validates and manages sales tax exemption certificates
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, tax or finance
- 5+ years of work experience as an indirect tax professional in public accounting or at a large multinational company
- Proficiency with MS Excel and tax research tools (Checkpoint)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with sales and use tax compliance and consulting
- Experience working across multiple states
- Experience working with sales and use tax software (Thomson Reuters OneSource/AvaTax)
- Familiarity with indirect taxes related to the manufacturing industry
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Tax Analyst/Senior: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
"Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year."
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?