Reliability Engineer, Gateway Ground Systems (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RELIABILITY ENGINEER, GATEWAY GROUND STATIONS (STARLINK)
SpaceX is designing, building, and deploying the world’s largest network of ground station antennas – the Starlink gateways. Through our gateways, the Starlink satellite constellation is filling in the gaps in global connectivity. Want to help build the next era of Internet?
We are looking for creative and driven engineers to solve issues affecting sites and antenna availability. You will become an expert in the hardware, software and operations of our gateways. Just bring your love of cross-discipline problem solving! Engineers on this team are curious, love to learn new things, and work effectively in a fast-paced and cross-discipline team environment.
- Diagnose performance and reliability issues through telemetry, testing, and hands-on debugging
- Develop fixes, prove them out in the field, and train our specialists in the procedures
- Build and maintain software infrastructure to monitor gateway and site health
- Work across teams to eliminate failure modes through hardware, software, and operations changes
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, computer, or aerospace engineering
- 1+ year of experience working on mechanical, electrical, or software engineering projects (including student engineering projects or internship experience)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, communicate effectively, and work both independently and within a team
- Experience with hands-on troubleshooting and debugging of mechanical or electrical hardware
- Any of the following is a bonus:
- Experience with the design, operation, or repair of antennas or radio telescopes
- Experience with operational support of geographically distributed assets
- Experience with optical and networking hardware
- Experience designing and programming solutions with common languages (Python, C++, C#, …)
- Experience with SQL databases and reporting software (Tableau, Periscope, etc.)
- Fluency in languages in addition to English
- Willing to travel 10-15% of the time
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Reliability Engineer, Gateway Ground Systems/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Reliability Engineer, Gateway Ground Systems /Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?