Supply Chain Systems Analyst
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPPLY CHAIN SYSTEMS ANALYST
The SpaceX Supply Chain department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The Supply Chain Technology organization at SpaceX is responsible for strategic process and system development for the Supply Chain function, supporting the entire cross-functional Launch business. As SpaceX becomes the overall market leader, Supply Chain Technology provides the business with the support and high customer service levels needed to meet company goals.
This specific Supply Chain Systems Analyst role will primarily focus on operations within SpaceX’s Launch business - identifying and implementing technology step-changes and managing data analysis for the larger team. Our goal is to become an industry leader for efficient procurement, quality, engineering, and materials management processes.
- Conducts in-depth analyses through SQL queries and other data analysis methods to dive into problems and identify trends for decision making
- Data integrity for the Supply Chain Operations Engineering team, troubleshooting with other departments as necessary
- Creates reports, tools, and standardized metrics for operational measurement and improvement, using software such as Power BI
- Integrates with all levels of the business to understand the current processes and identify systematic gaps for the department
- Supports department continuous improvement projects such as new process development, implementation, or standardization
- Collaborates cross-functionally to develop automation that mitigates business risk or enables efficiencies
- Trains users and leaders on system developments, assists in troubleshooting
- Supports the business requirements writing for department software solutions
- Tests software implementations, features, and bug fixes
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience in business analysis, product management, applications/software development, or ERP systems support
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to demonstrate strong skills in software customer service, both verbal and written
- Understanding of programming, database structures, SQL query, PowerBI, and/or Python
- Exposure to ERP systems
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Comfortable with Microsoft Suite
- Ability to communicate comfortably with all levels of personnel within the company
- Ability to effectively multi-task priorities
- Effective organization skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Position may involve long hours and weekend work as needed
- Ability to work in an open aired warehouse environment, lacking temperature control
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supply Chain Systems Analyst/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Supply Chain Systems Analyst/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.