Maintenance Technician (Food Services) - Temporary Position
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (FOOD SERVICES) – TEMPORARY POSITION
The Food Services Maintenance Technician position is responsible for supporting equipment maintenance and repair for the Food Services Department. This includes but is not limited to the following: advanced troubleshooting of issues, advanced assembly and installation, performing and developing preventative maintenance routines, and intermediate repair work. This individual must possess good organizational skills and the ability to manage team workloads and time management against a dynamic workload in a collaborative team environment. They also be able to provide follow up communication and documentation of workload to customers, vendors, and throughout the department both verbally and in writing. The Food Services Maintenance Technician supports the mission by ensuring all departmental equipment is functional, safe, and accessible for daily operations.
- Performs and develops routine preventative maintenance and cleaning schedules for Food Services equipment against departmental, company, and manufacturer standards
- Maintains, responds to, acts on, and follows up on departmental maintenance tickets generated in and outside of department; coordinates and prioritizes workload for lower levels against requests as needed
- Provides troubleshooting and issues reports directly to vendors and service technicians; supports escorting vendors to necessary work areas for assessment and repair
- Performs intermediate to advanced assembly, installation, and repairs on equipment utilizing a variety of hand and power tools
- Utilizes forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies, and hand carts to receive and/or move equipment, product, or parts around campus
- Identifies and sources parts and equipment for department upon request
- Maintains tool and equipment inventory for department with limited to no supervision
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months (permanent hire conversion based on performance and business need)
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of experience in a workshop, warehouse, maintenance, production, or food service operation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High level of professionalism
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Intermediate understanding of food safety and sanitation practices
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft office suite, email/calendar)
- Willingness to learn and take guidance from others
- Experience using hand and power tools
- Strong communicator
- Capable of coordinating and planning work for others
- Has experience training others
- Experience developing preventative maintenance plans
- Experience with HVAC, refrigeration, and electrical work
- Valid CA Food Handler’s Card
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to carry large heavy items, such as dishes in tubs or trays unassisted (at least 25 lbs.)
- Able to stand for long periods of time – up to 8-10 hours a day
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Able to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects through entire shift
- Ability to obtain forklift operator certification (training provided internally as needed)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Maintenance Technician /Level 1: $21.00/hour
Maintenance Technician /Level 2: $23.00/hour
Maintenance Technician /Level 3: $25.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for potential discretionary bonuses. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, and various other discounts and perks. You will also be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?