Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Layout, installation, repair, finishing, maintaining various structures, fixtures and buildings
- Frame floors, walls, roofs, sheds, decks, fences, and other structures
- Construct cabinets, hang doors and windows, installs siding, sheetrock, insulation, and trim
- Keep tools, materials and equipment in working condition
- Advise in the selection of building materials; requisitions building materials and supplies
- Transport various heavy materials in vehicles
- Coordinate with project managers and engineers in the planning of projects
- Meet with contractors for informal bids
- Perform administrative tasks including entering and retrieving data, making reports
- Define hazards, overall design and structure quality
- Instruct apprentice carpenters and non-skilled helpers on trades-based projects
- Perform related duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in commercial or residential carpentry
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents, blueprints and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good understanding of basic math
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift, push/pull and carry up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to perform regular manual labor
- Ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level 1: $18.00/hour
Level 2: $20.50/hour
Level 3: $23.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You
may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
See more open positions at SpaceX
Something looks off?