Global Supply Manager (Raptor)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL SUPPLY MANAGER (RAPTOR)
SpaceX demands a new type of supply chain. We require our suppliers to provide premium quality with rapidly evolving designs at increasingly ambitious volumes, rates and costs. We are actively looking for candidates who possess comprehensive experience with negotiating strategic relationships with manufacturing vendors and driving cost out and have unrelenting motivation to enable suppliers for success. This position will support our Raptor program and requires a combination of proven leadership, creativity, and persistence.
This is a technical position that requires practical experience in vendor development and new product development through to stabilized, high volume production for the machined components and assemblies used on the Raptor engines. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of the machining and assembly.
- Manage the supply base supporting critical commodities/categories for the Raptor product line with an emphasis on build to print aerospace components including, but not limited to machined components and mechanical assemblies
- Leverage demand forecasts and upcoming design releases to ensure the Raptor supply base has ample manufacturing capacity and quality yield to enable aggressive ramp up of vehicle production
- Provide guidance to internal procurement staff and engineering customers on design for manufacturability, supply chain optimization, and cost reduction strategies for mechanical commodities, including machined components, mechanical components, sheet metal, forgings, castings, and hardware, etc.
- Collaborate with engineering on design reviews, suppliers on scorecard/roadmaps, engineering vehicle leads on schedule and supplier engineering on quality requirements
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis to inform ‘Make vs. Buy’ decisions, down select an optimal sourcing plan taking short term NPI requirements and long term production rates, technology replacement, price trend, market and industry position, and risk assessments into account
- Visit supplier’s facilities and accurately assess technical capability, equipment, and capacity for rapid deployment of new product development and long term production to implement a successful E2E product life cycle management strategy and process
- Monitor and manage costs to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets, forecasts and maintain cost of Bill of Materials. Ability to develop should - cost models for competitive cost analysis. Deliver best in class TCO (Total Cost Ownership). Make vs. Buy experiences a plus
- Install and optimize manufacturing capacity to assure COS (Continuity of Supply)
- Drive suppliers continuous process improvement to enhance efficiency and implement cost-saving programs with suppliers
- Administer moderate to large contracts and independently negotiate with supplier’s contract terminology, pricing, technical requirements, scope and terms involving responsibility, liability, indemnification, intellectual property and export compliance
- Prepare, issue, and analyze RFx packages for one-time and ongoing project requirements
- Issue purchase orders for SpaceX programs
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and government regulations
- Advanced degree and 4+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 10+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience reading drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerance, preliminary design reviews, and quality documents
- Prior experience managing large value contracts and global supply base
- Experience in sourcing from a global supply base, for machined components and assemblies
- Experience in identifying and executing an optimized machining supply chain, including raw material, machining, material processing, inspection and logistics
- Technical procurement, New Product Introduction and production procurement, manufacturing, or design/development experience
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Global Supply Manager: $125,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?