Sr. Retail Partnerships Manager, Starlink
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. RETAIL PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER, STARLINK
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, is delivering low-latency broadband internet around the world. The Starlink Retail Partnerships team serves as the point of contact for Starlink’s growing base of retail customers and spans end-to-end ownership across research, identification, development, capture, delivery, deployment, and fulfillment of all contract terms. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter that has a passion for making customers deliriously happy, blazing new trails for Starlink retail partnerships, and growing revenue and brand awareness.
In this role, you will work with leadership to achieve retail partnership and deployment goals while collaborating with stakeholders across engineering, business, legal and regulatory teams. The Partnerships Manager demands a strong analytical skill set to drive customer adoption, propose new business models, and forecast accurate deployment timelines. Success will require systems thinking, creativity, and excellent communication skills to synthesize information that shapes future products and strategic direction. This is a special opportunity to work at the cutting edge of satellite technologies with a world class team focused on connecting the unconnected!
- Support the Starlink growth in identifying, developing, capturing, executing and expanding Starlink retail partnership opportunities in domestic and international markets
- Responsible for all aspects of successfully closing partnership deals between SpaceX and retail partners including product/pricing/business discussions and negotiations
- Post contract closure, serve as the primary point of contact for assigned retail customers, inclusive but not limited to onboarding, collaboration activities such as pilots, ongoing account management, and long-term retention/growth of the relationship and revenue – especially focusing on:
- Delivering impeccable customer service, including efficient acknowledgement and resolution of issues
- Building relationships to identify requirements and manage expectations
- Collecting, communicating and championing customer feedback to internally influence and steer programmatic and technical development required to maintain and grow retail business in support of overall Starlink business goals
- Retaining and growing the value of accounts
- Act as an extreme owner of assigned retail accounts to realize forecasted revenue on or ahead of schedule, identifying and successfully communicating readiness levels, requirements, schedules and risks
- Assist with development of commercial, marketing, and business terms and materials, while staying up to date with internal technology, regulatory, legal and business teams
- Support forecasting efforts that inform strategy and planning
- Collaborate with cross-functional team (engineering, regulatory, business, planning etc.)
- Synthesize complex information and make actionable recommendations to leadership
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or business discipline
- 6+ years of consulting or project management experience in business development or sales
- 6+ years of experience working with customers to support a technical product or service
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years in customer facing roles
- Experience bringing products/services into retail stores in both domestic and international markets
- Independently motivated, with a demonstrated track record of project ownership
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in a professional setting
- Familiarity with satellite communications and/or the retail industry
- MBA or master's degree with a business or engineering focused curriculum
- Strong analytical skills in business and technical issues
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations as needed up to 50%
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Retail Partnerships Manager: $125,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?