SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Operation and programming of PCB assembly machines
- Inspection and programming of 3D and X-Ray images
- Solder and de-solder through hole and SMT components
- Support masking, epoxy application, and conformal coating
- Run functional testing on units
- Build small electrical sub-assemblies
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience using mechanical hand tools and/or automated machinery in a production environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in a medium to high volume manufacturing environment
- SMT machinery, selective solder, x-ray and flying probe experience
- Experience with soldering iron and hot air reflow rework (SMT and through hole components)
- Conformal coat support experience utilizing NVOC, urethane, acrylic and silicone-based CC
- Experience maintaining and programming of PVA conformal coat system
- Current or past certification for NASA-STD-8739.3, IPC-610 or equivalent
- Must be open to work all shifts, overtime and/or weekends as needed
- Nominal hours - 1st shift: 3:00 AM - 1:30 PM, 2nd shift: 1:30 PM - 12:00 AM
- Must be able to lift up to of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Avionics Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $24.50/hour
Avionics Technician/Level 2: $23.00 - $29.00/hour
Avionics Technician/Level 3: $27.00 - $35.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?