Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. FULL STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK)
At SpaceX we’re leveraging our experience in building rockets and spacecraft to deploy Starlink, the world’s most advanced broadband internet system. Starlink is the world’s largest satellite constellation and is providing fast, reliable internet to 1M+ users worldwide. We design, build, test, and operate all parts of the system – thousands of satellites, consumer receivers that allow users to connect within minutes of unboxing, and the software that brings it all together. We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of Starlink’s potential global impact are looking for best-in-class engineers to help maximize Starlink’s utility for communities and businesses around the globe.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will work closely with a mix of both external customers and internal partners across all engineering disciplines here at SpaceX to bring observability to a rapidly expanding network of millions of assets. The tools and applications you build will empower Starlink customers to manage their deployed assets in aviation, maritime, and enterprise environments while also bringing enhanced development to key features across various internal and external platforms. On this team, we will rely on you to be a key figure in the successful development of mission critical, high performance web applications. Our full stack engineers can work on a variety of sub teams, a few of which are:
- Mobile Development
- Internal Tooling & Development
- Web Application Development
- Consumer Platform Development
- Supply Chain Software Development
- Develop well-architected, responsive, and performant web applications
- Develop highly reliable and available software systems for Starlink
- Design and implement highly available, fault-tolerant networks that operates for long periods of time with minimal maintenance at scale
- Full stack application development (our system is a .NET micro-service architecture running in Kubernetes and using Angular)
- Craft aesthetically and functionally flawless user experiences
- Collaborate with peers on architecture, design, and code reviews
- Deep dive into your users’ problems to find and create efficient solutions
- Bring your voice to the table in team collaborations on architecture, design, and code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 5+ years of professional experience building software; OR 7+ years of professional experience building software in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in full stack development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Programming experience in Python, C#.NET, Go, Scala, Java, or similar object-oriented language
- Production experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Database experience with PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or similar database technologies
- Experience with version control, continuous integration, and continuous delivery concepts
- Expertise in profiling and improving application performance
- Experience with build systems (Make, Bazel/Pants/Buck, Gradle) and package management tools (pip, npm)
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with UNIX-like operating systems and CI/CD tools
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?