Sr. Product Compliance Engineer (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. PRODUCT COMPLIANCE ENGINEER (STARLINK)
Starlink believes that everyone should have access to fast, reliable internet, no matter where they live. The Starlink Product Engineering team designs and manufactures products that enable people around the world to connect to our constellation of satellites. We strive to create consumer electronics that are both technically sophisticated and easy for people to use everywhere.
Sr. Product Compliance Engineers will play a critical role as SpaceX strives to deliver internet to those that need it most. They will drive regulatory efforts, impact internal design decisions, and obtain the product certification needed in order to sell and ship millions of consumer-facing devices. These devices - including Starlink dishes, Wi-Fi routers, power supply, and accessories, etc. – are designed and manufactured completely in-house by SpaceX. Engineers on the team will be hands-on, regularly interact with multiple technical disciplines, and ultimately ensure that Starlink is a global success.
- Own and drive product level compliance, ensuring all regulatory requirements are met to facilitate global market access, brand protection, and product safety
- Coordinate with internal SpaceX groups, external Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL), and committees in all matters of regulatory compliance including Safety, EMC, Radio, and Environmental testing to achieve product conformity
- Drive product design requirements in order to achieve regulatory compliance
- Oversee compliance testing to FCC, IEC, CSA, ETSI and other applicable domestic and international standards
- Represent and advocate company interests at relevant domestic and international standards development venues
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, math, or physics discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience coordinating testing of electronic products for safety, EMC, radio and environmental compliance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience managing product technical requirements, scope, schedule, or cost
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup atmosphere
- Outstanding project management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?