Lead Development Test Specialist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD DEVELOPMENT TEST SPECIALIST
Development test operations is a fast-paced R&D focused group that supports testing of the latest SpaceX designs. In this role, you will lead a group of Development Test specialists working on instrumentation, data/control systems, and execution for tests.
- Organize and communicate daily work assignments
- Prioritize equipment and manpower as requirements change during the course of the shift
- Continuously improve processes, equipment, and efficiency
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and instrumentation
- Assist in the design and fabrication of test fixtures and test setups and test stands (both small and large tests)
- Independently fabricate instrumentation and wire harnesses for ground support electro-mechanical test equipment and harnesses
- Perform tests according to test procedures. Provide data and preliminary test results
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and document test procedures
- Facilitate communication between team members
- Maintain a safe working environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of experience working in a hands-on technical position
- 3+ years of experience performing electronics testing and inspection
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in R&D or other fast-paced technical environment
- Basic computer skills, including experience using MS Office suite
- Experience refining vague inputs into clear goals and tasks
- Able to rapidly change roles/responsibilities to meet project and company goals
- Able to solve complex problems with minimal supervision on tight schedules
- Experience reading, interpreting, and developing electrical schematics
- Able to fabricate and repair cable harnesses including: soldering, crimping, assembling connectors
- Able to install and use test instrumentation sensors, including: strain gages, deflection gages, pressure transducers, load cells, thermocouples, RTDs, accelerometers, and analog circuitry
- Experience troubleshooting and solving root cause of instrumentation, electrical, and software issues
- Experience reading, interpreting, and developing plumbing and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID's)
- Experience reading mechanical fabrication and assembly assembly drawings and blue prints
- Familiar with fabrication and machining processes
- Experience with test operations procedures including load control, pressure control, and safe handling of flight parts
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to navigate and manipulate files
- Ability to work at elevated heights occasionally (scissor lifts and articulated boom lifts)
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 30 lbs unassisted
- Ability to work in outdoor environments in all weather conditions
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when supporting critical projects
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Lead Development Test Specialist /Level 4: $42.00 - $52.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Lead Development Test Specialist /Level 5: $46.00 - $60.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?