Technical Support Supervisor (Starlink) - Night Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SUPERVISOR (STARLINK) - NIGHT SHIFT
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As a member of the Starlink customer support team, you will lead the team that interfaces directly with Starlink customers, ensuring they have an exceptional overall experience.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead a team of technical support associates responsible for rapidly resolving customer issues. You will have responsibility for hiring, personnel development, and developing a culture of operational rigor where our customers come first. You will partner with other internal teams to surface and resolve root cause of issues impacting our customers, and will be a critical voice in the development of program strategy. We're looking for excellent problem solvers that succeed wearing many hats (supervisor, trainer, representative, analyst, designer), move quickly and proactively, are strong communicators, and fiercely advocate within the Starlink organization on behalf of our customers.
- Lead a team of technical support associates and manage quality, performance, cost, and employee development
- Lead overall team and staff coordination, including assessing employee performance and delivering constructive feedback that improves the caliber of the team
- Lead issue trend and root cause analysis for our product and service by using quantitative and qualitative methods to drive internal understanding and impact assessment
- Develop triage methods and troubleshooting playbooks that improve resolution speed and first touch resolution
- Collaborate with internal teams (engineering, reliability, production, finance, design, communications, sales) to design simple, effective support interventions that improve our customers' experience
- Create training programs and coaching tools that enable our support associates to be knowledgeable, nimble, technically capable, and excellent communicators
- Analyze and set up best inbound and outbound channels for customers (digital, voice, SMS, etc.)
- Create, review, and maintain internal knowledge base and customer-facing help center
- Collaborate with internal tool development teams to identify capabilities that increase support associate performance and productivity
- Develop reporting and analytics that measure end customer and internal team success
- Surface data that drives improvements to performance, quality and cost
- Develop proactive monitoring tools to measure fleet-wide impact of network and hardware updates
- Work with development engineering teams to solve technical issues and incorporate debugging tools and strategies into technical support
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other engineering discipline OR 5+ years of experience in high volume customer operations or production
- 1+ year of experience supervisor or shift lead for a high volume customer operations or production team
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a training, learning and development, analytics, service design, vendor management or content management role
- Experience in a start-up, consulting, or other demonstrated experience in high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Experience with networking, hardware troubleshooting or software development
- Experience working with software and staffing vendors
- Experience with consumer electronic repair/service experience
- Lean/Six Sigma experience or certifications
- Experience with reporting tools (Advanced Excel, SQL, dashboarding/reporting/visualization platforms)
- Financial experience working on income statements and/or balance sheets
- Certificate in Network+, Linux+ or equivalent years of experience working in the field primarily debugging Wi-Fi, router and network issues
- Understanding of service provider and home networks technologies including but not limited to:
- Connectivity (Ethernet, WiFi, WDM, IPv4 and IPv6)
- Switching (MPLS, QinQ)
- Routing (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
- Network security and Anti-DDoS measures
- Internet services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, UPnP, NAT etc.)
- Knowledge and troubleshooting about most common consumer devices (NAS, IoT, Smart devices, etc.)
- Residential or enterprise Wi-Fi design and remote troubleshooting
- Written/verbal business fluency in Spanish, French, German, Greek, Portuguese, Polish or Italian
- Must be willing to work Monday-Friday, night shift: 8:00 PM - 6:00 AM
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor, Technical Support: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.