SMT Technician - 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SMT TECHNICIAN - 2ND SHIFT
- Operate PCB assembly machines to manufacture circuit boards, including but not limited to:
- SMT placement, reflow, and solder print
- Conformal coat, masking, epoxy application and coating
- Component kitting and measurement
- Optical and x-ray inspection
- Routine inspection and maintenance of equipment
- Perform functional testing on flight hardware
- Inspect PCBAs for defects
- Maintain tooling and consumable supply inventory
- Follow work instructions and suggest improvements
- Document non-conformances and associated rework and quickly return non-conforming product back into normal workflow
- Independently perform verifications and document results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience using hand tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience working in PCB assembly
- Experience with SMT equipment
- Soldering proficiency including IPC or JSTD certification
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
- Strong understanding of technical documentation, engineering drawings, and schematics
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime and weekends as needed. Estimated shift time, 2nd shift: 3:30 PM - 2 AM
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to distinguish colors as required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?