Internal Fleet Driver (Logistics)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTERNAL FLEET DRIVER (LOGISTICS)
As an Internal Fleet Driver, your primary responsibilities will be the localized movement of aerospace production, test, and flight components between SpaceX and vendors within an approximate 100-mile radius of Hawthorne, CA using LTL (under 26k GVW) vans and flatbeds.
- Operate LTL equipment (under 26k GVW) including vans and flat-beds meeting all federal, state, and local transportation requirements and regulations
- Perform scanning of all items as required by SpaceX procedures to ensure product movement has proper traceability between SpaceX and vendors, as well as supporting functions for reverse logistics
- Responsible for ensuring packaging configuration and supporting documentation as offered by SpaceX or vendor is sufficient to meet transport and SpaceX requirements
- Operate forklift and material handling equipment necessary to maneuver and load vehicles
- Load and offload vehicle while securing cargo at all times in a manner that meets both product and transport criteria
- Take driving route origin-destination direction from internal fleet supervisor and communicate any issues with immediate supervisor and/or affected parties as needed
- Maintain driving records, product documentation (packing lists, BOL’s, certifications), and associated communications as required by department standards
- Responsible for cleanliness of vehicle, fueling of trucks, and timely reporting of any incidents, accidents, or near-misses to management team
- Collaborate with appropriate internal stakeholders to status time-sensitive movements as needed
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of driving experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of DOT/CALTRANS/CHP/49 CFR requirements and regulations while operating Class-C LTL vehicles
- Experience operating a forklift and/or material handling motorized vehicles and equipment
- Working knowledge of transport guidelines as defined by 49 CFR including hazmat restrictions
- Hazmat certified
- This is a 1st shift role working from 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Valid California Class C license
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, and/or extended hours when needed to meet critical deadlines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level 1: $20.00 - $24.50/hour
Level 2: $23.00 - $29.00/hour
Level 3: $27.00 - $35.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?