Operations Manager, Fulfillment and Last Mile Delivery (South America)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
OPERATIONS MANAGER, FULFILLMENT AND LAST MILE DELIVERY (SOUTH AMERICA)
As the e-commerce and Rapid Deployment Center(s) (RDC) manager, you will be responsible for the management of global operations, design and implementation of technical solutions and system integrations. You will also be responsible for the execution of strategic objectives relevant to scaling global operations, introducing new markets and improving the fulfillment e-commerce network while delivering a positive customer experience and competitive advantage to the Starlink global supply chain. Responsible for the management of procurement and selection of partners, the development of immediate team, processes, and tools necessary to meet operational, financial and other logistics and e-commerce supply chain objectives. This role has full accountability and oversight responsibility for all e-commerce and global RDC for the Starlink program, leveraging potential synergies to optimize the timely, cost-efficient delivery of products.
- Lead end-to-end global e-commerce and fulfillment strategy that is determined and dependent on understanding of regional product demand and forecasting
- Provide a strategy on RDCs placement that considers competitive end-to-end logistics costs, lead times, and service provider partnerships
- Lead and develop a global replenishment and stocking strategy
- Lead development and implementation of solution and service cost models and sourcing strategy to drive best value for organization and our customers
- Lead end-to-end solution strategy for a complex and highly critical area, clearly articulating rationale behind decisions and to serve as the point person for your product area to leadership and other internal and external stakeholders
- Identify opportunities and develop perspectives on the most impactful things we should be considering for a regional fulfilment model and customer experience
- Expertly and openly collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners and stakeholders to drive technical and non-technical aspects of the project end-to-end from discovery to launch
- This position will require strategic thinking, technical expertise with MRP, ERP, e-commerce, warehouse and order management platforms, system integration and methodical execution, with an opportunity to drive impact for the millions of customers around the world
- Develop quality and performance initiatives and metric targets that are aligned and attainable and measured against and across internal and external standard and processes
- Bring continuous improvement and scalability through innovation and complexity reduction
- Responsible for tactical day to day operations for RDC(s) and fulfillment network
- Run day-to-day business operations of by reviewing stock levels, open orders and collaborating with teams to ensure product demand and supply are balanced
- Responsible for day-to-day operational support to collaborate between RDC operations and partners, customer service, materials management, production and software teams
- Real time and proactive evaluation of RDCs providers, logistics and shipping partners’ performance and exceptions; coordinates with the correct parties for resolution and ensure seamless customer experience
- Create documentation and standard operating procedure documents around fulfillment procedures, escalations, and reporting to drive improvements
- Partner with customer service team to understand consumer pain points and work on initiatives to improve customer experience
- Monitor and act on exception reporting and understand measurements (KPIs) for lead times, order processing, replenishments, shipping exceptions to track progress towards operational goals and work on initiatives to improve KPI’s
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of experience in global fulfillment or e-commerce business operations and logistics networks (e.g. integrated carriers, air and ocean, ground, multi-modal etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with design and development of e-commerce solutions, global fulfillment networks and last mile delivery
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain, or similar technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in project management with e-commerce, WMS and order fulfillment, software, integration with MRP/ ERP and other systems and inventory technology
- 5+ years of experience within the management of a complex logistics networks or direct manufacturing environment
- Effectively demonstrate collaborative planning, goal setting, and team strategy to drive business performance and meet organizational goals
- 5+ years of experience with data analytics to drive business decisions and strategy
- 5+ years of experience creating process flows, procedural documentation and business reporting to include development, leading and maintaining the performance management process and tools to measure and evaluate goals of the logistics programs and partners
- 5+ years of experience in driving organizations logistics strategy, procurement, service provider selection and service(s) to align with business strategy
- Thorough understanding of budgeting, cost allocations, and development of processes to drive success in dynamic logistics models
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Rapid Deployment Center Operations Lead: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.