Electrician (Starship Test) - Level 4/5
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ELECTRICIAN (STARSHIP TEST) - LEVEL 4/5
- Performs installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of industrial electrical systems, devices, equipment and components
- Performs installation, repair, and maintenance of motor control centers, motor circuits, overloads, and disconnects
- Performs installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of generators, automatic transfer switches, and surge protection devices
- Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment, including hydraulic and pneumatic devices
- Installs grounding and lightning protection systems
- Performs work from instructions using blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Installs electrical components according to current NEC code
- Installs and troubleshoots commercial lighting, receptacles, panels, circuits, and controls
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 6+ years of experience working as an Electrician
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree
- Texas Journeyman or Master Electrician license
- Knowledge and/or understanding of codes, rules, regulations and standards of electrical equipment
- Knowledge of 3Ø low and medium voltage power distribution systems
- Understanding of critical power and safety system design concepts
- Ability to identify and implement efficient paths of action to finish the assigned work
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Experience with common trade hand and power tools and multimeters
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical manuals, schematics and reports
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters, and physical dexterity is required
- Must be able to lift heavy objects, up to 35lbs unassisted
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to work at elevated heights, up to 200ft
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level 4: $33.00/hour
Level 5: $38.00 - $48.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?