Integration Technician (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN (STARSHIP)
The vehicle integration technician is responsible for the integration of all secondary structure, avionics, and stage propulsion components and systems to the vehicle’s primary structure. The task requires both avionics and mechanical integration skills along with pneumatic and avionics checkout activity.
- Stage, set up, assemble, test and install flight hardware
- Use precision calibrated tools
- Hands on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies
- Heavy rigging for large assemblies
- Operate personnel platforms (boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without prior instruction
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document integration processes
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner
- Perform fluids and pneumatic testing
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of professional propulsion, mechanical, automotive, electrical or avionics hardware installation experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy transport equipment
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficient with computers and the ability to use MS Office
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs unassisted
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
- Willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Integration Technician/Level 1: $18.00/hour
Integration Technician/Level 2: $23.00/hour
Integration Technician/Level 3: $28.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?