Sr. Supply Chain Planner (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER (STARLINK)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. A Sr. Supply Chain Planner make this possible by coordinating closely with engineering, procurement, production, and logistics to ensure we have the supply to manufacture the right quantity and configurations of products to satisfy our global customer demand. We are looking for a detail-oriented problem-solver that can manage both new product introduction and stable high-volume products, implement novel processes and solutions to help scale our business, and clearly communicate potential risks and mitigation strategies to stakeholders and senior leaders
- Own the end-to-end planning lifecycle for Starlink Product sub-assemblies or finished goods, from accurate bill of material requirements, appropriate supply coverage, and timely configuration management to satisfy global consumer and enterprise demand
- Manage the supply schedule for $100Ms of raw material and finished goods in order to optimize days on hand and inventory turns, minimize obsolescence, and enable the production line to output at full rate
- Balance a spectrum of both new product introduction (NPI) with rapid iteration and design changes as well as stable production with annual volumes in the hundreds of thousands and eventually in the millions
- Engage with the go-to-market team for new country launches to ensure that we have the required product configurations in the build plan or in finished goods to support initial rollout
- Partner with engineering and production teams to effectively incorporate design or process changes seamlessly into the production line without impacting output
- Identify potential supply risks and coordinate with the appropriate stakeholders (procurement, logistics, engineering, etc.) to propose creative solutions and drive to closure
- Support insourcing efforts where applicable to guarantee constant supply from internal and external sources to enable overall production targets
- Assess and monitor supply base capacity and constraints at primary and sub-tiers suppliers to inform program scenario planning and mitigate potential challenges when ramping a product line
- Maintain part and planning master data to accurately reflect lead-times, manufacturing allocations, yields and attrition, offsets, order policy, and other parameters
- Define and incorporate new process and best practices as the program scales, leveraging learnings from world-class manufacturers and other high-volume industries
- Develop applications, reporting, and dashboards to measure team KPIs and support the business as it scales from hundreds of thousands to millions of global customers
- Advanced degree; or bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a high-volume industry, such as automotive or consumer electronics
- Proven success working on cross-functional new product introduction projects, managing multiple products
- Familiarity with ERP systems and purchasing/planning functions
- Intermediate skills in SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, and other data analytics
- Advanced skills in MS Excel & Project, able to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data
- Experience navigating multitier Bill of Materials and work orders
- APICS certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Able to travel for business trips as needed (up to 70%) to Hawthorne, CA for initial training (3-4 months) and up to 10% on an ongoing basis
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Position is based in Bastrop, TX and requires being onsite – remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Sourcing Specialist: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?