CNC Maintenance Engineer
CNC MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support on planned and unplanned repairs, modifications, and upgrades of production equipment in Falcon, Dragon, Raptor and Starship programs in Hawthorne. Maintenance Engineers are the primary technical resource for maintenance technicians, and support day-to-day resolution of the most challenging technical issues facing the team. Maintenance Engineers take end-to-end ownership of equipment improvement projects; from concept, through design and implementation. This role plays a key part in maximizing critical production equipment availability; enabling SpaceX to rapidly pursue its mission to make life multiplanetary.
- Lead maintenance technicians to troubleshoot and resolve technically complex equipment failures
- Perform root cause analysis (RCA) and resolve corrective actions to address equipment, process and behavioral gaps
- Develop and execute complex improvement projects to maximize production equipment availability
- Complete hands on in-depth repairs of equipment mechanical, electrical, fluid, pneumatic and control system failures
- Coordinate internal and 3rd party resources to scope and execute repairs, overhauls and equipment upgrade projects
- Leverage feedback from maintenance technicians to drive improvements to work instructions and processes
- Coordinate with internal Equipment Reliability Engineering, Tool Engineering and Automation Engineering teams to design and implement machine upgrades
- Create, modify, and update preventative maintenance instructions to eliminate recurring failures or low value add tasks
- Interface with engineering, quality, manufacturing and procurement in resolving any hold factors inhibiting production of flight parts
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of professional or internship/project hands on experience in an manufacturing or industrial maintenance environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of maintenance planning
- 2+ years of supporting troubleshooting in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with CNC machining operations, controls, and repair
- Knowledge of part programming, commissioning, operating, and troubleshooting machining controls packages
- Experience with Fanuc 30i/31i/32i, Siemens Sinumerik 840D SL, or Okuma OSP CNC control systems
- Experience with MRP, ERP and CMMS systems
- Experience with SQL and/or analytical software such as PowerBI
- Hands-on experience with equipment control systems, machinery, and industrial automation
- Experience leading maintenance technicians through complicated technical troubleshooting and repairs
- Experience coordinating contractors to execute projects and equipment repairs
- Developed understanding of mechanical, fluid, and electrical components
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; capable of communicating summarized accomplishments in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Excellent skill level using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Smartsheet, Jira and other organizational software
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 30 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to work in outdoor environments as needed
- Must be available to work extended hours and some weekends
- Willing to travel for short trips as needed, up to 10% travel
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
CNC Maintenance Engineer /Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
CNC Maintenance Engineer /Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?