Manufacturing Engineer (Composites)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (COMPOSITES)
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team (design, build, and reliability engineers) and operations to efficiently build parts on schedule
- Develop and revise production processes, procedures, equipment, tooling, and layout
- Drive design for manufacturing and assembly during new product development and improvement cycles
- Facilitate production of flight-qualified-composite structures at an increasing production rate while reducing cost
- Resolve complex manufacturing defects and eliminate root cause
- Support design for manufacturing and assembly during new product development and improvement cycles
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of hands on experience driving the design or manufacturing of mechanical components or systems (internship and project team experience is applicable)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hands-on advanced composites manufacturing experience including “out of autoclave” prepreg systems
- Experience with NX/Unigraphics, Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems for component and tooling design
- Expertise transitioning products from prototype manufacturing through volume production
- Experience with rapidly introducing process improvements and lean manufacturing principles
- Validation testing experience for composite structures
- Position may require extended work hours and weekend work
- Position may require standing, bending, stooping and working directly with hardware on the floor for up extended periods of time
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Manufacturing Engineer/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Manufacturing Engineer/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?