Tube Bender (Fluid Systems) - 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TUBE BENDER (FLUID SYSTEMS) - 2ND SHIFT
As a tube bender on the SpaceX precision tube fabrication team, you will be responsible for the successful fabrication of precision tube assemblies that support projects that make up Falcon 9, Fairing and Dragon Spacecraft as well as all SpaceX development projects, launch pad operations and engine testing.
- Set-up and operate CNC rotary draw bending machines while conforming to tight tolerances
- Set-up and operate of CNC tube cutting equipment
- Put safety as a number one priority
- Keep a clean, organized, and thoroughly maintained work space
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing or production environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with Inconel, titanium, aluminum, and stainless steel
- Experience working with close tolerances
- Experience with a tube bending machine
- 3+ years of experience as a tube bender
- Must be able to work 2nd shift (3:30 PM – 2 AM) and additional overtime as needed
- Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Tube Bender/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Tube Bender/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Tube Bender/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?