Crane Operator (Starship) - 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CRANE OPERATOR (STARSHIP) - 2ND SHIFT
- Operate different types of cranes/crawler cranes (Tadano ATF 100G-4, ATF 130G-5, Manitowoc 999, MLC300, Grove 9150, 765E)
- Precisely place one off, non-replaceable loads in a certain area with crane and dual crane lifts
- Support inspection and maintenance of hydraulic and crawler cranes
- Tilt, dip and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under and/or around obstacles using multi-point rigging techniques
- Perform different rigging challenges
- Assist with rigging and driving forklifts on top of crane-cab duties
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) certification (LBC-TLL)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience operating crawler cranes and hydraulic cranes
- 5+ years of experience in rigging
- Experience working with delicate lifting operations (ex. wind farms, power plants, oil refinery industry)
- Experience with tear-down and build of crawler cranes
- NCCER/NCCCO (National Center for Construction Education and Research) rigging certification
- Experience with a variety rigging equipment – shackles, straps, slings, rope, hoists
- Ability to calculate and determine appropriate lifting equipment
- Strong working knowledge of lifting signals, and communications
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Able to work 2nd shift: 6:00 pm - 6:00 am
- Valid driver’s license (class “B” or better)
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting up to 30 lbs. unassisted, and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Ability to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?