Dining Room Attendant - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DINING ROOM ATTENDANT – TEMPORARY POSITION
This is a team-oriented role for individuals who are familiar with basic customer service principles and have a firm understanding of all basic food and beverage safety principles. The role requires the ability to identify and utilize food service equipment which includes, but is not limited to: soda machines, hot and cold food holding, hot and cold food storage, serving utensils and small wares. Daily tasks will be focused on supporting customer orders and inquiries, upkeep of dining spaces, and setting up and working a station at one of our various service outlets according to leadership’s specifications. The dining room attendant position supports the mission by providing quality customer service, a welcoming atmosphere, and accurate order fulfillment to help ensure our services boost morale and productivity within SpaceX.
- Set up, work, and maintain a clean and safe work station
- Complete daily record keeping and prep tasks
- Help the team meet time and quality standards set by supervisor
- Clean and maintain departmental tools and equipment
- Engage positively with all customers
- Become fluent in available menu options
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months (permanent hire conversion based on performance and business need)
- LOCATION: Redmond, WA
- SHIFT: Ability to work across a 7 day/week roster, including afternoon/evening shifts when required
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of customer service related experience in a food service environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of customer service related experience in a food service environment
- Sound understanding of food safety and sanitation practices
- Familiarity with allergen identification and common dietary restrictions
- Possession of or willingness to obtain WA food handler card
- High level of professionalism
- Experience in a corporate environment
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook primarily)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn and take guidance from others
- Ability to carry large heavy items, such as dishes in tubs or trays unassisted (up to 30 lbs.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time – up to 10 hours a day
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Dining Room Attendant/Level 1: $22.50/hour
Dining Room Attendant/Level 2: $24.50/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for potential discretionary bonuses. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, and various other discounts and perks. You will also be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?